Buy, Sell Or Trade Guns In The Michigan Indiana Ohio Area.

Sorry but due to spam guests can now only post in "Need Help?" section.
See fewer ads! Become a member today!
Check out the "Portal" for NRA News, Gun Reveiws, Hunting related Articles, Recipes and Stories!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bear hunting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bear hunting? on May 23rd 2010, 4:46 am

bigjohn

Admin
Does anyone one know of any good affordable Michigan bear hunting guides??

"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America, and a country boys good enough for me"
http://www.tristatetraderspost.tk

2 Re: Bear hunting? on May 23rd 2010, 10:13 pm

kimber man

Admin
Don't know of any guides however I went once back in 1996. I have a friend who hunts them all the time. His family owns a couple of properties in the U.P. so we hunted public land. I did not shoot or see a bear it was a very slow hunt for everyone. We were in the U.P. for 2 weeks and only one bear was checked in so it was slow for everyone. We had a couple of our baits hit and saw tracks, but no bears. I hope to get out and do it again some time. There are a ton of bear guides that advertise in the woods and water magazine you may want to check there. Most reputable guides will provide references. If you just wait a few years there will be bears all over down here and you will be able to hunt them in your back yard. There was one shot a few years ago north of Grand Rapids. There was also one killed in Battle Creek within the last year or so. I think there was another one sighted in Battle Creek after that. I have heard about some sightings over by Marshall and Hastings as well.

3 Re: Bear hunting? on May 23rd 2010, 10:59 pm

bigjohn

Admin
I was just thinking about gettin up north with my new 7mm Very Happy

"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America, and a country boys good enough for me"

4 Re: Bear hunting? on May 23rd 2010, 11:07 pm

kimber man

Admin
Don't be a sissy leave that 7mm at home. Use a spear!! affraid

5 Re: Bear hunting? on May 23rd 2010, 11:21 pm

bigjohn

Admin
HA you know I was thinking about taking my bow instead I think it would be awesome...Of course I would have the .444 as a defensive gun...

6 Bear Hunting on May 24th 2010, 9:53 am

brentv

I am with kimberman Spear and for back up use a knife.

But in all reality I do know a guy that guides up there I sold him a 243 a while a go and he was telling me about his place up there and how he guides people.
I no longer have his number but I sent him a PM on MGO.
This is his name on MGO if you are interested.
"coyote wacker"
Thanks Brent

7 Re: Bear hunting? on June 16th 2010, 4:00 pm

kma1

B john,,, Doz it Feel like They R pickin on U ,, Thats OK I will Go for U R Back up ,,U no I am too old to run to far ..So I will bring The BACK UP ...Apple Juice an T Papper ..The Critter Will Be too buesy tryen to get paws back under him...

8 Re: Bear hunting? on June 19th 2010, 8:57 pm

Chip

What area you hunting in?That will help.I know a few for red oak area.

9 Re: Bear hunting? on June 19th 2010, 9:28 pm

bigjohn

Admin
I was trying to find a guide so that I could apply for that area (the area where a good guide was). Looks like I will have to wait until next year now... Sad

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum