Buy, Sell Or Trade Guns In The Michigan Indiana Ohio Area.

Sorry but due to spam guests can now only post in "Need Help?" section.
See fewer ads! Become a member today!
Check out the "Portal" for NRA News, Gun Reveiws, Hunting related Articles, Recipes and Stories!

You are not connected. Please login or register

AR-15 VS AK-47

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AR-15 VS AK-47 Empty AR-15 VS AK-47 April 3rd 2010, 11:53 pm

kimber man

kimber man
Admin

I have owned both and want to get others opinions. Which do you prefer and why?

2AR-15 VS AK-47 Empty Re: AR-15 VS AK-47 April 4th 2010, 12:00 am

bigjohn

bigjohn
Admin

Personally I love anything in .223. Ak's are nice also though because of the price. I think everyone should own something in .223, a 7.62x39 or a 5.56x45. Some AK's are sloppy though...I believe the old saying is you get what you pay for.I think AR's are clean/sharp looking.

http://www.tristatetraderspost.tk

3AR-15 VS AK-47 Empty What is purpose April 4th 2010, 1:19 pm

birdaug

What's it's purpose?
birdaug

4AR-15 VS AK-47 Empty Re: AR-15 VS AK-47 April 4th 2010, 2:37 pm

kimber man

kimber man
Admin

I think this post may be a response to the AK vs AR thread that he posted new instead of post reply. Not sure though he will have to clarify.

5AR-15 VS AK-47 Empty AR-15 VS AK-47 April 4th 2010, 8:02 pm

jlh123

I own both ,but probably prefer the AR Actually in .223,I really prefer my Ruger Mini-14

6AR-15 VS AK-47 Empty Re: AR-15 VS AK-47 April 4th 2010, 8:20 pm

kimber man

kimber man
Admin

The mini is a cool little gun. I had one for a while I did like it. I had no complaints about my AK-47 either it was fun and it served it's purpose. I have just been more into AR's lately.

7AR-15 VS AK-47 Empty Re: AR-15 VS AK-47 April 7th 2010, 6:18 pm

Trinity Arms

Really is a tough argument as both of them have been in active military service for many decades by numerous countries. I myself prefer the AK. The caliber is harder hitting either 7.62x39 or the 5.45 x39, they can be field stripped in a matter of seconds by backwoods illiterate tribal idiot you can find, I can literally pour sand down the barrel into a closed action open slide shake rifle, insert mag and go to town (some say sloppy, I say reliable Wink ) and ammo is still cheaper then the .223 in most cases, plus the Romy G's wood furniture just makes them look gorgeous in my opinion.
Bad things: Accuracy is not great, although too 100 yards very acceptable, the sights (post and Globe) are not great which is part of accuracy problem, most of the AK's are too short for American sized men.
Ar's I also like because of their accuracy, their versatility, meaning there is an AR for every occasion and if there aint, ya can build your own.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum